LEASE / RENTAL RULES
1. An owner intending to rent/lease their unit shall give Management , accompanied by a $100 processing fee check, of such intention, accompanied by an executed copy of the lease, at least 10 days (10) in advance of the first day of occupancy under the lease. Checks are nonrefundable and should be made payable to Ocean Harbor Condominium Association.
2. Lease/rentals are for a minimum of one month by the same party (no less than 30 days), and occupancy is limited to 6 persons for a two bedroom unit (01, 02, 04 and 05), and 8 persons for a 3 bedroom unit (03 only) . All ads for lease/rental must specify the minimum rental period.
3. Owner must inform renter of assigned parking space(s), only one parking pass will be assigned per owned space. Before receiving a parking permit, renters must verify that they have received and read a copy of the Rules and Regulations..
4. THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS MAY MOVE TO DENY APPROVAL OF A RENTAL BY MAJORITY VOTE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
-Owner is delinquent in payment of assessments.
-Owner has a history of leasing/renting their unit without obtaining approval.
-Owner has a history of renting/leasing to troublesome renters, or refusing to control or accept responsibility for the occupancy of their unit.
-Owner's real estate company has a history of inadequate screening of rental/leasing applicants or entering into leases without Association approval.
-The prospective renter has a history of conduct which evidences disregard for the rights and property of others.
-has been convicted of a felony involving violence to persons or property
-property has been publicly advertised as being available for a rental period of less than 30 days
5. FAILURE TO GIVE NOTICE OR OBTAIN APPROVAL FOR THE RENTAL/LEASE MAY RESULT IN ANY RENTAL/LEASE BEING TREATED AS A NULLITY, AND THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS SHALL HAVE THE POWER TO EVICT THE RENTER, WITHOUT SECURING CONSENT TO SUCH EVICTION FROM THE UNIT OWNER, AND LEVY FINES OF $100 PER DAY OR ANY AMOUNT ALLOWED BY LAW.
6. Unit owners who rent are obligated by law to collect and pay all required taxes to the proper authorities. Only the renter, renter's family or guests may occupy the unit. If neither the renter or renter's family are present, no other persons may occupy the unit. A unit owner whose unit is leased may not use the recreation or parking facilities during the lease term except as a guest.